The main directions of breeding and scientific work
- Development of new breeding methods and development on their basis of highly productive, competitive, resistant to main pathogens and abiotic stressors hybrids and varieties of oil and essential-oil crops, adapted to different soil and climatic zones of the Russian Federation and meeting production requirements.
- Development of the biological basis for breeding oil and essential-oil crops, including research in genetics, physiology, biochemistry, immunology, botany, and agroecology.
- Development and implementation of high-precision, environmentally acceptable, cost-effective, resource-saving technologies of primary and industrial seed production, technologies of marketable production of oil, essential-oil, and other crops for different soil and climatic zones of the Russian Federation.
- Development and testing of cost-effective biological and chemical means of protection of agricultural plants from pests, and diseases during plant growth and seeds during storage.
- Development and support of genetic collections for important breeding traits.
Diplomas and awards
The address: 26 Boevoy proezd, Lipetsk, 398037, Russia
Full name: Lipetsk Research Institute of Rapeseed – a branch of V.S. Pustovoit All-Russian Research Institute of Oil Crops
Short name: LRIR – a branch of V.S. Pustovoit All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Oil Crops